Of course the moment I said I’ll post more frequently, I absolutely lost the will to write anything and have been burying my head in the sand like some sort of animal. I’ve only managed to keep up with Instagram because gaining any followers on there is like finding gold dust and people disappear once you don’t post for a couple of days. The obsession with having everything instantly and continuously is frankly alarming. I mean, I do it as well. Many times, I decide not to order something online because there is no option for next day delivery. It’s a very weird time to be alive .
Speaking of time, I wanted to share with you all five things that I regret during my time on this planet. I know people like to be all zen and be like “I have no regrets, every step has led to me to where I am today” but I am seriously side eyeing them. Personally, I don’t see anything wrong with regret, I think it equips you to make better decisions in the future. So, let’s get right into it;
- I regret not going travelling during my gap year – I was scared and I really wish I just trusted myself and did it. I think it would have been a great life experience.
- I regret not starting my blog and YouTube channel when I first wanted to – I’ve been obsessed the idea of having a channel and writing since I was a teenager and I wish I started my channel before it became saturated but I worried too much what people would think.
- I regret not mixing with more diverse social groups while at university – I feel like that was an opportunity to be friends with people who were different to myself but I kinda stuck to my comfort zone and if I went back to university, I would definitely do things differently.
- I regret allowing a couple of people to get to know me – I cannot be the only who looks back and wonders why on earth they shared their innermost thoughts with some people. I must confess that it annoys me to know that some of these people have seen me be vulnerable, ugh! This might sound funny because I’m here sharing my thoughts with strangers on the internet but trust me, it’s very different.
- I regret closing myself off from love for so long – I’m not going to go into it too much but for a long time I was convinced that I had some sort of emotional disability, I am glad to inform you that’s not the case at all. I just needed to work things out for myself but i wish i worked them out earlier.
Basically, I just wanted to remind you all that time flies ( I mean how is it almost July already?) and we need to make sure that we are doing the best we can with our time so that we limit our regrets. If you need to, invest in a good watch to keep track of the time so it doesn’t get away from you. I’d recommend the ice- watches as they are pretty as well as very functional.
Are there any things you regret? Would you like to share? Feel free to leave a comment.
Until next time,